With LinkedIn increasing in popularity in 2017, it is important for individuals to utilise the platform to its full potential. Additionally, LinkedIn is increasingly becoming a more ‘social’ platform, surpassing its original purpose as a sort of resume platform. Now professionals from all over the world are connecting, collaborating, and influencing. From the change, a few individuals have come out on top in terms of engagement – we have studied how they have done it and compiled a list of 7 tips that can help you become a LinkedIn superstar!
- Authentic: Be authentic. Most people can tell when you’re blowing smoke up your own butt.
- Magnetic: Your profile needs to attract attention. Utilise keywords available when choosing things like your headline.
- Aspirational: When posting, talk about your goals and where you want to be.
- Relevant: Make sure your content is both relevant and current. You need to speak to the people you are looking to influence, on their level.
- Compelling: Give your audience a reason to not only connect with you, but actively follow your posts.
- Validated: When others speak on your behalf (such as testimonials), you become much more credible.
- Well-Proofed: Nothing can destroy a profile like a typo.